Terms & Conditions
Coming to America Instagram Contest: #StrikeAPose
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to participating in the Coming to America Instagram Contest (the "Contest"). By participating in the Contest each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
1. Participation Period: The Contest is open for participation from November 29, 2017 at 10 a.m. CST to December 20 at 8 p.m. CST.
2. Winner Announcement: The winners will be announced via the Brooks Museum Instagram page at: https://www.instagram.com/brooksmuseum/, via Instagram DM, and other social media channels.
3. Prizes: The winners will receive the following prizes: 1st place - a gift certificate to the Museum Store and a Brooks Museum family membership, 2nd place - a Brooks Musuem family membership, and 3rd place - an exhibition catalog.
4. Contest organizer: The Contest is organized by Memphis Brooks Museum of Art.
5. Eligibility for Participation: The Contest is only open to individuals (referred to as "Participants"). Participants must at the time of entry into the Contest be over 18 years of age.
6. Access to Contest: The Participants enter the contest by uploading original photographs through the free Instagram app. A purchase or transaction is not required to participate or win.
7. The photographs: The Participants enter the Contest by providing photographs tagged with the hashtag #StrikeAPose and #BrooksMuseum. No substitutions or spelling errors will be accepted. At least one of the Coming to America sculptures must be present in the photo to be entered. The Participants must also follow the Brooks on Instagram. No duplications or copied photos will be accepted.
8. Judging: Will be done by representatives of Memphis Brooks Museum of Art. They will be judging photographs based on originality and creativity and will choose the daiily winners. Please note, all Participants are subject to an initial screening process by the Brooks staff. If any rules have been breached in the terms and conditions, the photograph will not be eligible to be judged.
9. Personal Data: By participating in the Contest the Participants hereby consent to the entries (i.e. name of Participants) and that the personal details provided by the Participants will be processed by Memphis Brooks Museum of Art in order to administer the Contest. The Participant uploading the photos is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to do so and that the individuals referred to in the material consents to these terms and conditions and to the material being entered in the Contest.
10. Content policy for photo uploads and right to reject entries to the Contest: All Entries into the Contest are subject to the Brooks Museum’s approval after being uploaded to the Instagram app. All entries that are deemed inappropriate and/or offensive will not be considered. Our content policy prohibits images containing nudity or sexually explicit material, or content that is otherwise deemed offensive to any minority group. The Brooks Museum reserves all rights to decide what is considered inappropriate and/or offensive. Participants agree not to create or submit a profile or any picture or video in connection with their entry into the Contest that is: slanderous, defamatory, derogatory, or slanderous; is pornographic, or otherwise sexually explicit; includes offensive language; portrays violence; portrays or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, portrays or promotes illegal activities; portrays dangerous stunts; promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual. If the Brooks Museum discovers that any material submitted by Participants include any such elements or is otherwise inappropriate and/or offensive, then the entry will be rejected.
11. Cost and taxes: All Participants are responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by them as a result of participating in or winning the Contest. Prizes are awarded freely at no cost.
12. Other marketing purposes: The winner agrees that his or her photos may be used by the Brooks Museum for general media and marketing purposes without remuneration.
13. Copyright: Contest entries, profiles, and photos and upon submission become the property of the Brooks Museum, and each Participant cede any claims of ownership or rights therein upon submission of their entry into the Contest.
14. The Brooks Museum is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete entries. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, caused by e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Brooks Museum which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Brooks Museum reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or select winners from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. Brooks Museum reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
15. Brooks Museum reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person or contestant.
16. Governing law: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Memphis,Tennessee and the courts of Memphis shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Contest.